Financial accountant practical training is a perfect programme for those looking to pursue a financial accountant job role. We are constantly working for over 30 years and equipping students and professionals with the practical skills to secure jobs in the accounting and finance sectors.
At KBM, you will achieve high-quality training in accountancy with the best recruitment facility in the UK and worldwide. Through our blended learning approach, you can apply the theoretical concepts practically. KBM blends its training programmes with AAT, NCFE and IFA. The IFA is a global accounting membership body. KBM will provide you with the opportunity of accountancy work experience followed by an experience certificate.
Our accountants will supervise your work while practical accountancy training in KBM Chartered Certified Accountants & Registered Auditors; a real office environment. KBM is ACCA recognised accountancy service provider. ACCA has approved KBM as an employer at Gold Level.
We are an approved training provider from AAT, NCFE, and Skillsfirst. We will provide you with substantial training for the accounting and finance job roles and further studies.
KBM will provide you with the opportunity to perform as a financial accountant practically. You will meet this goal through by covering the following components:
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Management Accounting
- Corporation Tax Returns
- Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- CIS Tax Returns
- HMRC and Companies House Submissions
You can complete financial accountant training in 12 months (416 hours)
Accounting software training
Keeping digital accounting at high importance, we will equip you with the knowledge and skills of various accounting software, including:
- Sage Accounts Production Advanced
- Sage Compliance
- Sage 50 Accounts
- Sage 50 Payroll
- Sage Accounts Production Advanced (SAPA)
- Advanced Excel Techniques
Our course syllabus aims to equip you with the capability to perform as a financial accountant effectively. The content will consist of the units as described below.
Final accounts preparation
You will gain a good understanding of adjusting entry and control accounts. You will:
- Work on initial trial balance and final control accounts completion
- Prepare financial statements
- Post initial trial balance and client on production packages of accounts
- Navigate accounting software
- Create and amend client database
- Post clients data
- Prepare trial balance, lead schedules, audit trail and general ledger
- Work on entering disclosure data/FRS102
- Gain an understanding of the company's house compliance
- Work on year-end processing
- Work on accounts finalisation
- Develop final company file
- Learn filling and preparing company indexes for final accounts
Development of corporation tax returns CT600
It will cover all the following elements of CT600 Corporation Tax Returns:
- Understanding of corporation tax
- Corporation tax setup
- Rates and reliefs understanding
- TTP's working out
- Profit figures adjustment
- Capital allowances
- Charitable donations treatment
- Allowable tax purposes
- Disallowed tax purposes
- Losses and a long period of accounts dealing
- CT600 form filling
- Filing company tax returns
- Corporation tax payment
You will gain knowledge and skills for self-assessment, it will include:
- Income/self-assessment (SA) sources
- Calculation of tax liability and due tax
- SA relief
- SA payments concept
- SA national insurance
- Supplementary returns
- SA100 personal tax return
- SA102 employment income
- SA 103 self-employment
- SA 105 property
Construction industry scheme (CIS)
- Understanding of CIS
- Understanding CIS rules and legislation
- Registration for CIS scheme
- CIS Sage CIS activation wizard types
- Company preferences
- CIS default nominal codes
- Subcontractors’ record-setting
- CIS tabs setting
- Subcontractors verification by using various manual and computerised methods/Sage 50 CIS
- Understanding of processes for payment and deductions
- Materials used and tax deductions application
- Invoices/credit notes
- Monthly CIS return development
- Developing CIS returns for submission to HMRC
- Developing monthly tax deduction statement
- Developing analysis report
- Control on creating and change records with passwords and rights
- CIS rules compliance
- Minimising incurring penalties possibility from HMRC
- Records storing for an audit of HMRC
- Sage CIS returns
- CIS statements generation
- You will gain command over the following skills:
- Summing techniques
- IF, formula link, and cell references
- Formulas including sumifs, countifs, Iferror
- Tables, pivot tables, and groupings
- Graphs, charts, database formulas, and macros
- Learning of lookup references including Hlookup and Vlookup
- Subtotal including formula and procedure
- Data validation
- Conditional formatting
- Date & time formulas
- Protection & security
- Goal seek
Management accounting - budgeting and forecasting (4 days)
You will cover detailed analytical skills in budgeting, forecasting and advanced management accounting.
- Forecasting will cover smoothing techniques, trend analysis, regression analysis, expected values, and evaluating forecasting techniques.
- The departmental analysis will cover departmental expense analysis, create a department in Sage, generate a departmental balance sheet, allocate invoices (costs) to the department, and developing a profit & loss statement.
- Project analysis will include creating/defining project and resources in Sage, allocating invoices (sales, purchases and overheads), profitability analysis, and cost analysis.
- Product costing will include raw material, finished goods, and materials bills of finished goods, stock movement, and product costing & pricing, and purchasing trends.
- Performance analysis of a company will cover entering prepared budget in Sage, budgeted & actual variance analysis, period ending wizard, historical variance analysis, quarterly adjustments, and fixed asset register.
- Reporting will include project & product reports and departmental & company performance reports.
- Business analysis will cover the payback period, NPV, IRR, and profitability index.